WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2000 as LaCrosse Dollars for Scholars, we are now called LaCrosse Scholarship Foundation. Since our inception, we have awarded LaCrosse high school students $188,580 in scholarships (as of August 2016). We also manage four additional scholarships that also benefit local students: The Clemente Barber Scholarship, the Mason’s Scholarship, the Gayle Startin Memorial Scholarship, and the Jack Ferris Memorial Scholarship. We award these scholarships each year at LaCrosse High School’s graduation ceremony.OUR MISSION
Our mission is to provide financial support to all qualified graduates of LaCrosse High School in pursuit of educational opportunities.
Our volunteer board of directors includes Lois Startin, President, Jan Smith, Vice-President, Tami Stubbs, Treasurer, and Kara Harder, Secretary
Each spring we publish a newsletter to announce scholarship award recipients, update readers on past recipients, alums who support our mission, as well as school news and happenings. To be added to our newsletter mailing list, email a request to email@example.com.
To make a tax-deductible donation, please use the following Gift Form
To speak with a board member, please call Startin’s Repair and ask for Lois. The phone number is 509-549-3543.
DIRECTIONS FOR COLLECTING YOUR SCHOLARSHIP MONEY
- To receive your scholarship, you must be enrolled and attending a college, university or trade school within one year of your high school graduation.
- After finishing your first semester/quarter, request an official transcript from the registrar’s office be sent directly to:
LaCrosse Scholarship Foundation, PO Box 258, LaCrosse, WA 99143
- All scholarship money will be sent to your school to be used in your next semester/quarter in which you are enrolled.
- After we receive your transcript, if you earned a 2.0 GPA or better, the entire awarded amount of your scholarship will be sent to your school.
- After we receive your transcript, if you earned less than a 2.0 GPA, one-half of the awarded scholarship amount will be sent to your school. If during the next semester/quarter in which you are enrolled, you earn a 2.0 GPA you must request another official transcript from the registrar’s office be sent to the address above. The remaining one-half of the awarded scholarship amount will then be sent to your school.
- Please be prompt requesting transcripts. It is your responsibility. No checks will be issued later than 18 months after your high school graduation date.
- Do not open the official transcript. No Internet copies will be accepted.